Chop’s Teen Club

Loading Map....

Date/Time
Date(s) - Wednesday, September 17, 2014
12:00 pm - 1:30 pm

Location
Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa

Chop's Teen Club

chops-logoToday’s presentation will be done by Diana Curtin and Lisa Alexander from the Chops Teen Club.

Chop’s Teen Club is an enrichment and prevention based nonprofit organization open to Santa Rosa teens in grades 7-12.

Our 21,000 square foot state-of-the-art building is home to:

  • GymnasiumList Item
  • 35 foot climbing wallList Item
  • Technology lounge with 11 computers and gaming consolesList Item
  • Art Studio
  • Music & Recording Studio
  • Café
  • Night Club
  • Teaching Kitchen
  • Multi-Use Space


Programming is led by staff trained in youth development who work with teens because they are invested in their success.  At Chop’s Teen Club we believe that as teens are our future, they deserve the investment of our time, energy and financial resources.

The value that Chop’s Teen Club provides our community is enormous.  We offer a place for teens to become workforce ready, prepare for college, improve study habits, join clubs, serve the community, and take part in art, pottery,  music, culinary/catering, sports and fitness,  and technology programs.  We continue to create and design new and challenging programs that teens love to take part in.

Chop’s Teen Club is a supporting organization of the Community Foundation Sonoma County.  Charles DeMeo saw a need for a place for teens to call their own in our community, and left a portion of his estate for the realization of his vision.  For 2014, we received 56% of our budget from the DeMeo Memorial Endowment Fund, which means we have to fundraise to secure the remaining 44%, or $370,000  to pay for staff, programs, and maintain the facility.  It is additionally important for us to fundraise in order to keep the annual membership fee at $1.00, so that all teens can afford membership.

Mission Statement:  To provide a fun, safe and productive place where teens engage, connect and discover their true potential.

Event website

Category(ies)

Print Friendly, PDF & Email