Date(s) - Wednesday, October 17, 2012
7:30 am - 9:30 am
Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa
Presented by the Sonoma County Mayors’ Committtee on Employment of People with Disabilities
Employer Best Practices Award: Recognizes employers in Sonoma County with policies and practices that serve as a model for the removal of barriers to employment and career advancement.
For example, companies may represent:
• Large and Small (20 employees or less ) Size Businesses: For efforts to recruit and promote people with disabilities.
• Assistive Technology Companies: For the innovative application of assistive devices, technology and training materials. For example: companies that provide IT infrastructure, Web Content Design, ISP, Assistive Devices and Equipment for transportation, sight, hearing and mobility.
• Innovative Media Companies: For creative media efforts that target recruiting, hiring of applicants and encourage the career advancement of individuals with a disability. For example, a company that provides marketing services, videography, advertising, radio or television, print media, Internet applications and website development.
• Universal Access: Companies that implement the design, construction or alteration of buildings or facilities and equipment (transportation) that promotes the employment and career advancement of employees with a disability. For example, architectural and engineering firms, contractors, manufacturers, property managers, mortgage brokers and commercial realtors.
• Employee Individual Initiative Award: Recognizes an employee with a company for more than 1 year who demonstrates initiative in the workplace to remove barriers to employment and/or shows initiative in career advancement within the firm.
• Service Provider Award: Recognizes a public, non-profit agency or private firm that provides employment services for the placement of job seekers with a disability.