2777 Fourth Street, Santa Rosa, CA, 95405
As romantic a destination resort today as when it was built, the Flamingo Conference Resort and Spa has always been the area’s favorite resort with a strong connection to the glamour of Hollywood and Las Vegas. The resort offers a wide variety of modern amenities with the glamorous ambiance of a 1950s summer resort.
The Los Angeles modernist architect George Vernon Russell built the resort to mirror the original Vegas Flamingo design. The original Flamingo’s clean horizontal lines, curving glass curtain walls and planes of rugged, staggered stone and the tower with the name “Flamingo” written vertically all were repeated in the Santa Rosa version.
The hotel opened with a gala bash in 1957 and quickly became a society hot spot and remained the place to see and be seen two decades later according to a local historian. In 1959, the Flamingo became renowned by Hollywood as the place to stay north of the Bay. Movie stars like Jayne Mansﬁeld were often found sunning themselves by the pool. In modern times, production crews from such ﬁlms as “Mumford” and “Bandits” have used the Flamingo as headquarters.
The Flamingo has been a privately owned, family-run business for thirty years. In 1996, the City of Santa Rosa declared the hotel a historic landmark.