DIGITAL EDITION No. 321 June 19, 2019 EDITOR: Layne Bowen PHOTOGRAPHER: Nicole Le PUBLISHER: Richard Lazovick
Our Program For Wednesday, June 26, 2019
Debunking of President Roehrick
Past President Julia Parranto
The debunking of President Tony Roehrick.
This annual program always brings with it lots of good fun as we honor and roast our outgoing president Tony Roehrick. It is led by the immediate past president, Julia Parranto. Come ready for some serious laughing!
Wednesday June 26, 2019: Debunking of President Roehrick
Pledge: Casey D’Angelo
Reflection: Charlie Howard-Gibbon
No guests were present
Kathy told a groaner
Matthew ran the raffle with Kathy Vicini. Julia’s ticket was drawn, but she didn’t draw the right marble. The pot is getting up toward $500.00. Can’t win if you don’t enter!
(It appeared that about half the club got up to make announcements!)
- Casey displayed the purple volunteer GB shirts.
- Ann nagged us for volunteers for a variety of duties at Giro Bello.
- Ray Giampaoli gave thanks to the club for our generosity. We have over $40k in sponsorships and club member donations.
- Yale Abrams announced the Food Bank districtwide event will be held Saturday, July 20th.
- Debi Zaft asked for everyone to check their information on the new club roster and make any needed changes before it is put to bed.
- Shari Shamsavari brought a club banner from ?? Shari donated $100
to the foundation in honor of Will Haymaker and Jose Guillen.
- Bill Rousseau asked for volunteers to help close down Giro Bello at the SRCC warehouse on Sunday after the event.
Dan Balfe was awarded his blue badge by President Tony.
Casey D’Angelo really stepped up to the plate this year for our club. First, he took over Sgt.at Arms duties. Then, as in the past, he ran the New Gen Program. That wasn’t enough, apparently, because Casey then took over the monumental task of running our annual fundraiser, Giro Bello! Thanks for all your hard work, Casey! You are more than deserving of this award.
President Tony did something new this year for his last official meeting. Given our collective ineptitude, don’t expect the real Family Feud to come calling for Rotarians any time soon. Still, it was lots of fun to see people struggle to remember what we did this Rotary year. Great idea, President Tony!
Jason Lea, Director of North Coast School of Education has applied for membership and has been approved by the Santa Rosa Board of Directors.
Additional Meeting Pictures
Governor, District 5130
Barb Spangler, Valley of the Moon Rotary Club
Debi Zaft P.O. Box 505 Santa Rosa, CA 95402
Board of Directors
Club Service I, Membership, Ryan Thomas
Club Service II, Club Meetings, Jeff Kolin
Club Service III, Fundraising, Steve Baime
Club Service IV, Member Activities, Anne Gospe
Club Service V, Information Technology and Records, Brandon Urich
Community Service I, Member Involvement, Andrea Geary
Community Service II, Youth, Laura Held
Vocational Service, Carolyn Fassi
International Service, Peter Holewinski