DIGITAL EDITION No. 322 June 26, 2019 EDITOR: Layne Bowen PHOTOGRAPHER: Diane Moresi & Kris Anderson PUBLISHER: Richard Lazovick
Our Program For Wednesday, July 3, 2019
New President Declares – Club is Dark
New President Cathy Vicini
In honor of July 4th, the club is dark.
HAPPY JULY 4th!!!
Wednesday June 26, 2019: Debunking of President Roehrick
Pledge: Kathy Schwartz
Reflection: Nour Maxwell
Mel Konrad, Dennis Ball
As far as we know, all is sunny! Except for that one thing we’re not supposed to talk about!
Holly Garrettson said $530.00 is in the pot this week. Doug Johnson’s ticket was drawn, but he drew the wrong marble.
- Julia told us that a past NewGen student said NG formed the basis of the essay he used in his application to the UC system. He got in on the basis of his extracurricular activities. She read the email from him that described how his experience with our New Gen program changed his life in positives ways.
- Karen Ball has money to cover any additional Giro Bello expenses.
- Andrea Geary announced that flyers for the Bocce Tournament are on the table and anyone interested should take one to participate.
- Ann Gospe thanked all the volunteers at Giro Bello.
Two blondes walk into a tanning salon.
The receptionist asks, “Are you two sisters?”
They chuckle and reply, “No, we aren’t even Catholic.”
Instant Paul Harris Awards
Several Rotarians had their numbers drawn for bottles of wine in the Instant PH award. The big Paul Harris award went to Robby Fouts.
- Julia recognized herself for moving into her new house. $100 to the Club.
- Tim Delaney took a 2 week trip to Disney World and the Bahamas. $100 to the GB pot.
- Karen and Dennis Ball had a series of costly mishaps resulting in a new fridge, a sick dog, a new truck and a missed vacation. $50 to Giro Bello.
- Elizabeth Karbousky missed Giro Bello and donated $100.
- Tony R says he isn’t going back to work and donated $100.
- Cathy won some medals at a world wine competition. $100
- Ted Wilmsen is celebrating his 4th colonoscopy. Personally, most of us in the club determined it was worth more than $100 to have to listen to Ted’s colon stories, but he thought that was only worth $20……
PP Julia shared how difficult it was to collect any debunkable information on Tony. Armed with Tony’s home phone number, Julia tried calling Tony’s wife for 6 months. She is apparently in the Witness Protection Program and couldn’t be reached. Julia then shared a couple of Jib Jab videos where Tony’s face was superimposed on Gangnam Style and Katy Perry videos. Quite amusing. Finally, Julia was able to track down Tony on the “interwebs” for his checkered past as a school superintendent. Seems Tony can’t hold a job. Finally, Julia was aided by a group of Rotarians who reenacted a Rohnert Park/Cotati school board meeting which explains the following Mark Twain quote from Tony: With that, Tony handed the club off to Cathy Vicini. Tony was then given
a new past president’s badge, a pin, a gift certificate to REI and a swift kick out the door.
Governor, District 5130
Barb Spangler, Valley of the Moon Rotary Club
Debi Zaft P.O. Box 505 Santa Rosa, CA 95402
Board of Directors
Club Service I, Membership, Ryan Thomas
Club Service II, Club Meetings, Jeff Kolin
Club Service III, Fundraising, Steve Baime
Club Service IV, Member Activities, Anne Gospe
Club Service V, Information Technology and Records, Brandon Urich
Community Service I, Member Involvement, Andrea Geary
Community Service II, Youth, Laura Held
Vocational Service, Carolyn Fassi
International Service, Peter Holewinski